I’ve been managing the Roger’s Barbers website since 2011. Since then there have been a few iterations, with significant improvements each time.
When I initially met Adrian, (the manager) he showed me their current site, it was somewhat dated and tired. I explained I could make something a bit more up-to-date without it costing much, just a simple site- and something that would display well on all devices.
I reworked the branding, and proposed a better sitemap. I also set up proper facebook and G+ business pages.
…there was a lot of positive feedback; Adrian said there seemed to be double the amount of customers in each of the 5 shops.
I started working on a couple of concepts and the obvious thing to do was to animate old train station signs for the lower-thirds and to animate the various parts of the main logo.
I created a train station sign in photoshop and sent the layers to AE, added some nice ‘shimmers’ to the gold swatch and animated them moving in from the opposite side of the screen the ‘talking head’ was on.
The first couple of sites were mainly built in WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) Web Builder, a great little program quite similar to dreamweaver with scope to add custom code. When the site was published there was a lot of positive feedback; Adrian said there seemed to be double the amount of customers in each of the 5 shops.
I kept updating the site every few months, mainly for different events; Xmas, St. Patricks Day, World Cups, etc) and we’d add specific deals like 10% off or a free beer for each customer.
A couple of years later, we decided to improve it again, going for a one-page parallax design which again didn’t cost a great deal as 90% of the content was the same.
More recently, we’ve upgraded everything to WordPress and improved the site yet again. I visited some of the shops to get some new photos and videos of the new uniforms.
For Roger’s I’ve also done quite a lot of graphic design for print; price lists, gift vouchers and adverts for local papers and magazines.